A.R.C.'s Open Studio event, is one of the few opportunities for public access to the center. On November 17,18, and 19 the artists at the 43,000 sq ft Artisan Resource Center are launching their annual Fall Open Studio event.
ARC houses professional artists and craftsmen in residence working in the fields of sculpture, portrait painting, photography contemporary painting, screen printing, custom furniture making, ceramics, wood turning, textiles, architecture, wood working, decorative arts, jewelry, graphics, advertising, theatre and film production.
E-3 LED Luminocity ; Set Design and Special Effects Production Services. Performance Art and entertainment throughout building: Dance, Fire Performers in the Courtyard at 9PM, performance “moments", and .Aerialist
1. From I-75 use exit 263 at South Marietta Parkway (Hwy 120 Loop South)
2. Turn West toward Kennesaw State University. (Traveling North on 75, make sure you take the westbound clover leaf.)
3. Make a left on Wylie Road less than a quarter-mile from I-75.(no light, but has it's own turn lane)
4. Make a right into the 4th driveway on right ( you'll see a small sign to the Artisan Resource Center.)
5. Park along the alleyway, or if entering near the Bowling alley-parking is available at the rear of that parking lot as well. Enter Art Center by following directional markers at any open studio door. Be sure to get a brochure which has a floorplan with studio names from any participating studio, find them in the main hall areas, or E-Wing :Gallery ARC Collective.
FROM HWY 41
From Hwy 41,
From the south: make a right at the Artisan Resource Center sign, just past McDonalds, and before the Hwy 120 South Marietta Parkway Loop
From the north, we are on the left, about 1 mile south of the Big Chicken, and about one block south of the Hwy 120 South Marietta Parkway Loop.
AFX Studios (Walking Dead, Captain America, Civil War, etc)
Artist/Sculptor Andre Freitas
Helen DeRamus Studio ( L-1) will present a special exhibit of the work of
Memphis photographer, Nikki Vlatos. Nikki’s black and white photographs come from a very personal point of view as she captures her immediate surroundings concentrating on the beauty and mystery of the organic world. She observes that world close-up using her camera and
smart phone to view the essence of her subjects. Nikki will be present through the weekend to talk about her process.
SUNDAY: 4PM :
A male model will be posed as costumed caballero in Studio K-1
( Shane McDonalds studio) on Sunday,
(Starts at 4 PM- the last hour of the Artisan Resource
Center's Open House event.)
FREE Admittance one-time special as people tour
the last hour of the Artisan Resource Center Open House!
Bring your own drawing/painting materials.
Easels, drawing boards, tables of various heights, chairs,
and light refreshments during breaks will be provided.